Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Big Celebration of Me

Well I figured it's time to spill the beans now.

On February 25th I will be baptized (again) at our church. This is a cleansing moment for me. I was saved and baptized when I was 15 years of age. I have made choices after that, that were not wised to make and even though God has forgiven me and does not keep a record of my wrongs, this is something I feel I must do for myself. It wasn't until this fall that I took a bible study called Total Forgiveness. I thought yeah I'll do this because there are a few people I haven't felt like I had totally forgiven or have a hard time forgiven. Well God had a plan for me (as always :) ). This was for me to learn that before I can forgive other people, I must forgive myself. I never really thought that I was holding myself a grudge. Apparently I have been. I'm ready to say good-bye to the old and welcome the new, and I'm ready to let the little girl in me know that it's okay.

I'm competitive by nature. I did not discover this about myself until I sold Pampered Chef. I love seeing my name at the top of the sales list, and I love seeing my name at work for recognition of something. Who doesn't like to be appreciated and recognized? Well a AH HA moment for me was the only place that REALLY matters that my name is shown is in the book of life. Did I make it on Jesus' book by my name?

I still like to know I'm appreciated and recognize, but now it's not the only thing. :)

As I've said many times before I'm excited about what the Lord is doing in my life. The best part that I almost forgot to mention.... My hubby gets to take part in the baptism. The joke is he can dunk me, but the pastor is not responsible for if Robert doesn't bring me back up. :) I'm excited to be able to share this with the man of my life, who's my best friend, and completes me.

So mark the date! February 25th at New Life Church, 6:00 p.m. (may change to 6:30 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment