Monday, March 2, 2009

Scenario #3: It's Tough Being a Woman in a Mean World

Need I say more? It's very tough when you feel the world is against you.

Here are some things I picked up about this week. Meaness always has a history. How true this is when studying Haman in the book of Esther. He came from a family history of meaness. He was a man driven by ego. Enemy goes after the weak, when the stron is weak. You are victorious when you and God are both fighting the enemy. Amen! Meaness catches like a virus - pass it down, pass it around. Isn't that kind of true when they say things like "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". :) I know if I'm in a bad mood, it tends to rub off on my poor kids and my poor hubby. I'm always telling Robert before he walks in the door after a hard day at work, he can choose his attitude. I try to remember that myself. Granted I'm not perfect so there are days I fail.

How about you mom's out there? Protective of your kids? I know I am. My girls can say how another girl hurt her feelings and I'm ready to go after that girl for being so hateful to my girl. Beth Moore says "Coming in contact with a mean girl, raises up your own mean girl." Amen? Amen!

Meaness is curable and we really can get over it. Slowly but surely..... Yet isn't part of the verse "Slow to anger....." So we get it mixed up sometime...... :)

My favorite quote from Beth tonight was "Do not pay evil with evil. Leave room for wrath to God." Leave your Haman (problem) to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment