Thursday, February 26, 2009

Walk Clinic

Well I have joined the Women Can Run/Walk Clinic. We meet on Monday & Thursday nights from 6 to 7 and I am doing the walking first. They have some speakers on Monday nights for a few minutes and then after we walk for 30 minutes they do door prizes. Yeah I'm there!! I am training for their 5K which will be May 9th. I thought this would help me train for the other 5K I'm doing with my dad May 16th. We walk for 30 minutes and each week you walk faster. So this week, we walk 4 minutes regular and 1 minute brisk walk and each week it'll increase until you can do the whole 30 minutes brisk walking. I am proud of this challenge I have taken on. The only issue I'm having are my shins. Hopefully I'll get them stronger as the weeks go on. I am determine to finish this race. I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. :)

I'll have to get a picture of me soon for you!

**UPDATE** - The above post was done on 2/26, and as of 3/12 I'm still going strong. :) Robert says he can tell I'm losing weight so even a bigger plus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment