Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The BIG Celebration!!!!

Well tonight I was baptized for a 2nd time. The amazing thing was there was 80 people to be baptized. Oh the Lord is so good!!! I was saved and baptized when I was 15 and I know I knew what I was doing, but didn't really understand or grasped it. I made some hard choices after that and this baptizing was a cleansing for me. I truly feel separated from the old, from my past. I was soooooooo excited and on the verge of tears the whole night. The best part of the night was my darling hubby got to be right there and take part in baptizing me. It's a moment I will never forget. When him and Mark (associate pastor and the other one who baptized me) brought me back up, I turned to get out and Robert just gave me the biggest, romantic hug. :'-)

Here are some pics:

Here I am with Robert anxiously waiting.


Getting in to what looked like a hot tub.


I love the smile on Robert's face. Mark is the guy on the right. He's awesome!




Robert and Mark baptizing me. Oh it was so good to share this with Robert!!!


The water was so warm, but I was cold when I got out. So excited!!!!

Sorry to make this blog long, but I found the below and felt it was so fitting for my big day. Also, I turned 34 back in November and I said to myself that day that 34 was going to be a big year for me. Little did I know what God had in store. :)

I dare you, dear soul of mine, to notice the stark evidence of a spirit that is tainted and a heart that must be placed under the microscope of God's Word. Yes, indeed, unsettle me Lord.

Unearth that remnant of unforgiveness.

Shake loose that justification for harshness.

Reveal that broken shard of pride.

Expose that tendency to distrust.

Unsettle me in the best kind of way. For when I allow Your touch to reach the deepest parts of me - dark and dingy and hidden away too long - suddenly, a fresh wind of life twists and twirls and dances through my soul.

I can delight in forgiveness and love more deeply.

I can discover my gentle responses and find softer ways for my words to land.

I can recognize the beauty of humility and crave the intimacy with God it unleashes.

I can rest assured though harsh winds blow, I will be held.

Goodbye to my remnants, my justifications, shards, and tendencies. This is not who I am, nor who I was created to be.

Goodbye shallow love, sharp words, self-focus, and suspicious fears. I am an unsettled woman who no longer wishes to take part in your distractions or destructions.

Welcome deeper love, softer words, unleashed intimacy, and the certainty I am held.

Welcome my unsettled heart.

Welcome to the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment