Monday, February 23, 2009

Scenario #2: It's Tough Being A Woman in a World Where Beauty is a Treatment

What woman doesn't like beauty treatments??? Don't know about you, but I love massages, getting my nails done, my hair, and makeovers...... Yes I love it all. New make-up with the new colors of the seasons.... Yes I'm there!

This week in bible study it was more wondering if the creators of "The Bachelors" read the book of Esther. :) Instead of a month or two of this show, these women back in the day had to go through 12 months of beauty treatments! Or shall I say girls! Six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics. Then she would go and spend the night with King Xerxes only to leave in the morning and only come back IF the king summoned her. Which is getting it over with quickly instead of the whole rose ceremony. I wonder though if he kept a few that they narrowed it down or if it was truly a one time thing. hmmmmm????

Some interesting facts I picked up were that Esther's real name was Hadassah. She was raised by her male cousin because she had no mother or father. Esther's Persian name means "star". She was also very lovely.

One thing that Beth Moore said that I thought was neat: "You cannot amputate your history from your destiny." How true that must be at times, or at least for me. Yet they were things that help create who I am today.

Beth saids there are 4 types of women. 1. Everyone thinks she's pretty. 2. Wants all the men to think she's beautiful. (Dangerous) 3. Wants no one to think she is beautiful (Frightened) 4. Hopes someone thinks she's beautiful.

Where do you fit? Any of them? I'm truly blessed in knowing that my hubby thinks I'm beautiful and it's what's on the inside that makes me beautiful to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment