Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LR Marathon Training Meeting

Well tonight I went to the Little Rock Marathon Training Meeting and let me tell you I am totally pumped up about it! My hubby asked me the other day "Don't you think you need to concentrate on this 1/2 marathon coming up in October?" I said well yeah, but I need to keep something else lined up so I don't ever quit training. I'm a medal junkie now and really I'm a recognition junkie. :) Tonight they confirmed what I had said to the hubs. One lady said you never finish a race, you continue on to the next one. :)

So I'm doing the 1/2 marathon October 24th in support of Soaring Wings. It's a children's home in Conway. Then March 7th I'll do the full marathon. :) I will be implementing jogging here soon. Right now I walk 5 days a week with Saturdays being my long walk day (up to six miles!). I do the Wii Active 5 days a week. I'm also going to implement some Yoga on my rest days from Wii Active and walking rest days too. I need to implement some weight training in there as well.

The LR Marathon training is on Saturday mornings at 6 in the morning!!!! No more sleeping in for me..... Oh well! Also, I will be able to walk however long so I don't have to adjust my training for the Soaring Wings. yeah!!!

So I will try to post things as I think of them. I also will update Facebook (this will be more often).

No comments:

Post a Comment