Sunday, April 5, 2009

Landscaping

Well Robert and I had a really busy week-end. We landscaped our two flower beds in the front of our house. I didn't get the before pics or us working. I just wanted you to see the end result. :)

Robert took these pics last night. We are sooooooooooo sore today (or at least I am). Even my fingers hurt. We had to rip out the green metal edging and then I had to dig a small trench and Robert came behind me with the bricks. He would level the brick either by taking dirt out that I didn't dig enough or adding dirt. We did two rows of these bricks. While I was gone to Lowe's to get our new low voltage lighting, Robert and the girls cut and laid down the visqueen under the first row of bricks. Robert and I then used the liquid nail to attach the 2nd row of bricks to the bottom row. We then laid out our lights where we wanted them and our two spot lights.




The spotlights worked out really well!



So today we did the smaller flower bed in front of our big window.




Here's the bigger flower bed that we did yesterday.




Here's pic of what our new lights look like in the day time.


Robert and I are really proud of our work. We didn't even fight during this two day project. A lot of high fiving! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment